| Lesson 11 Page
(1) The Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity that makes up the God Head. 1 x 1 x 1 = 1
(2) The Holy Spirit is a person and should always be addressed as "He".
(3) Jesus promised that when He returned to Heaven, He would send the Holy Spirit to be with, and in the believer.
(4) Pentecost (50 days after Jesus resurrection from the dead) the Holy Spirit came down and filled the 120 believers who were praying in the upper room.
(5) We are baptized into the body of Christ (the true Church) by the Holy Spirit at the time of our conversion.
(6) The Holy Spirit dwells in each believer as the interest (or down payment) of our redemption.
(7) Each Christian has received the command from Christ to be filled by the Holy Spirit, that is "Be ye constantly being filled," a daily experience as we walk with the Lord.
(8) The Holy Spirit within us is grieved (made sorrowful) when we sin, and do not live a God glorifying life.
(9) When we grieve the Holy Spirit, we do not lose our salvation, but we lose our Joy and are miserable until we confess our sins, short-comings; and get back into fellowship with God.
(10) The unpardonable sin can only be committed by the unsaved, and is a willful, deliberate, rejecting of Jesus Christ unto death.
(11) Christians should manifest the fruits of the indwelling Holy Spirit which are: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, faith, meekness, and temperance.
(12) Every believer has at least one spiritual gift, and will
have give account to God for how he has used his life and his special spiritual
gift and gift(s).